TurboFord
OIL-WEAR COMPARO - Printable Version

+- TurboFord (https://turboford.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://turboford.org/forum-general)
+--- Forum: FAQ Submission Area (https://turboford.org/forum-faq-submission-area)
+--- Thread: OIL-WEAR COMPARO (/thread-oil-wear-comparo)

OIL-WEAR COMPARO - TurboRay - 02-07-2016

LINK

If you're willing to slog thru the initial 1/3 of self back-patting......the above-linked article seems fairly comprehensive and ~ according to the author ~ gets updated periodically. I usually get "Quaker State Full-Synthetic" oil (normally ranked in the top 10) because it's available at Wally World for about $17-ish per 5-quart jug.  <thumbup>

RE: OIL-WEAR COMPARO - TurboRay - 05-14-2021

TTT   Wink

RE: OIL-WEAR COMPARO - Howard - 05-15-2021

(05-14-2021, 10:11 PM)TurboRay Wrote:  TTT   Wink

5W30 Quaker State Ultimate Durability is $18.97 at Walmart! that is for the 5-quart jug!

RE: OIL-WEAR COMPARO - TurboRay - 05-15-2021

(05-15-2021, 02:15 AM)Howard Wrote:  5W30 Quaker State Ultimate Durability is $18.97 at Walmart! that is for the 5-quart jug!

WOW......I forgot that it was that cheap, Howard!! Unfortunately, "oil maintenance" on my cars doesn't occur as often as it should (even with a car hoist in the garage), b/c I'm a lazy POS! I usually buy about 4 jugs at a time from the Wally World website (free delivery) and I've still got several of 'em in the garage, along with half a dozen NAPA "Gold" oil filters (made by Wix), lol.   Smile

RE: OIL-WEAR COMPARO - NigelM - 05-15-2021

What oil should I use in My Tesla3??

RE: OIL-WEAR COMPARO - TurboRay - 05-16-2021

(05-15-2021, 11:32 PM)NigelM Wrote:  What oil should I use in My Tesla3??

DUNNO, Mike.......Braggart 0W-0 seems appropriate! Otherwise, the aforementioned 5W-30 full-synthetic QS Ultimate Durability oil would probably be the best bang-for-buck in yer SVO ~ BUT.....with such deep pockets, you might as well get Amsoil or Royal Purple, lol.  <stickpoke>

RE: OIL-WEAR COMPARO - Howard - 05-16-2021

(05-15-2021, 11:32 PM)NigelM Wrote:  What oil should I use in My Tesla3??

I would DEFINITELY use Coal!
It won't run without it! Big Grin

RE: OIL-WEAR COMPARO - NigelM - 05-16-2021

Tough crowd here.

RE: OIL-WEAR COMPARO - TurboRay - 05-17-2021

Youse guys DO realize that this topic/thread is in the "FAQ Submission Area"......CORRECT??  <shrug>

RE: OIL-WEAR COMPARO - LuvRfoxes - 09-02-2021

Apparently the QS ultimate durability 5/30 is still available. In stock for 19.97 at Wally's here in OH. 21.96 at Home Depot and of course the local "chain" retailers are all $26+. It appears QS is now selling under "Full Synthetic" and phasing out the "Ultimate Durability" name (?). Their site says look for the gold cap which apparently is the same spec.

On filters... Everyone here and everywhere else likes WIX. Not using the oil cooler/warmer anymore. Still keeping the intake wet as I decide on using an AcT sensor. Running the large Motorcraft FL-1A filter.

Being an oil thread, I figure filter type may be relevant. Advise or redirect me to a filter thread. Been off line a while, trying to catch up.

Just waiting for the weekend when I connect the ODB1 and write down more codes than will fit on an 8.5 X 11" sheet of paper !