If you are encountering login problems please check here

over boost buzzer/light

So my over boost light and buzzer stays on all the time (annoying) can't seem to get it to shut off, I unplugged what i thought was the solenoid but it stays on. Any ideas?
Esslinger d-port,490 cam, Stinger front mount ic,Stinger full 3" exhaust,pimp 80lbs inj.3.73's, Garrett 50trim/.63 BB turbo

The boost and over boost sensors are normally under the EGR vac control behind the passenger front strut area. The boost unit is green and the overboost is red. It could also be a shorted wiring
Why run with the horses and cats when you can fly with the birds. 84T/C 88 intake ,exhust ,intercooler ,hood ,PC1 ECU

Excellent, thanks for the info
Esslinger d-port,490 cam, Stinger front mount ic,Stinger full 3" exhaust,pimp 80lbs inj.3.73's, Garrett 50trim/.63 BB turbo

My service manual for an '87 TC says the over boost lamp and buzzer has a connector C128 "Near the distributor, Green, 4 pin". This connector also serves the oil level sensor.

Forgot to say the boost light and buzzer wire at connector C128 is White/Pink.

(11-19-2022, 02:54 PM)BradM Wrote:  My service manual for an '87 TC says the over boost lamp and buzzer has a connector C128 "Near the distributor, Green, 4 pin". This connector also serves the oil level sensor.

Forgot to say the boost light and buzzer wire at connector C128 is White/Pink.

I currently have the distributor out, so looking around was pretty easy, but I didn't see any white/pink wires, I'm thinking the wiring for the 87/88 is a bit different than the 83's. I'm gonna dig a little deeper into the wiring on the passenger side. Thanks for the help/info.